Home » Wig Care Tips
How to Clean Your Wig?
Generally, a wig should be washed after 12-15 wearings. Factors such as air quality and humidity will contribute to frequency of washing, as it does with your own hair. Always keep your own
hair clean when wearing your wig to reduce washing frequency.
- Before washing, brush straight styles gently but completely with a wire brush. Brush curly styles lightly with a vent brush or pick, keeping curls intact.
- Add a cap of Wig Shampoo to basin of cool water (never use hot water). Immerse wig, dousing it gently, and allow to soak for 2 minutes. Rinse completely by swishing in clean, cool water. Gently squeeze excess water from wig. For high luster and softness, apply hair conditioner. Leave on 5 minutes and rinse well, in cool water. Gently squeeze out excess water.
- On curly styles, lightly finger squeeze curls while wig is still wet.
- On all styles, gently towel blot wig to remove excess wetness. Place wig on a form and allow to air dry naturally. Do NOT comb or brush a wet wig unless you are completely restyling it. After wig is dry, shake out and style.
- Always place dry wig on wig stand when not being worn.
- Human Hair Blends and 100% Human Hair wigs should be blow dried and or set to achieve a natural look. You may want Fashion Wigs to do this for you professionally.
- Even if you wash your own wig, occasional professional styling by us is important. We charge between - for this service, depending on whether your wig is synthetic, or Human Hair.
- If you are out of our area you can send us your wig and we will return it to you, washed, conditioned and styled. Shipping charges will be added to the cost.
The best way to store your wig is on a wig stand. That will help your wig from becoming tangled and soiled between wearing and it helps to maintain your wig’s style.