Wig Care Tips
There's not a vast amount you can do to prolong the life of cheap synthetic hairpieces. Jumbo braid type hair tends to snag very easily, and picking out the worst of the knots by hand, whilst combing silicon spray through the hair with a wide-tooth comb is about the best you can do.
Textured hair like dreadlocks and curls tends to hold its shape for many wearing, so it's easy to keep looking nice. Monofibre hair will stay looking nice for a lot longer that cheaper jumbo braid hair. I really can't stress that enough. If you want a good-looking, long-lasting hairpiece, spend the extra money on the nicer hair. Monofibre hair can also be blow-dried straight using a hot hairdryer and a bristle hairbrush, which restores it to its shiny 'brand new' state. My number one tip for keeping fake hair in good condition is not to let the cats anywhere near it!
Before Washing -
- Gently brush out tangles and hair spray. For tight curls or all over curls, do not use a brush. Finger pick through to remove tangles.
- In a sink or basin, mix shampoo with cool water. Immerse the wig. Gently swirl by hand and let soak for 5 minutes. Rinse in cool water until shampoo is removed.
- Wrap in a towel and gently squeeze out excess water. DO NOT TWIST OR BRUSH
- WIG WHILE WET. NEVER USE A HAIR DRYER TO DRY THE WIG. Air dry wig on a styrofoam head or wig stand.
- Do not use a hot curling iron or hair dryer on the wig.
- Do not brush or ring out the wet wig.
- Do not wear the wig near sources of excessive heat, such as an open oven, boiling water, or barbeque grill.
Guidelines for Wig Care
As an extension of yourself, your style should be the perfect blend of fashion, attitude, lifestyle, versatility and convenience - with the added note of wear-and-care practicality.
Consider your overall image in the picture. If you are small-boned and short, do not overwhelm your figure with too much fullness. If you are big boned and tall, a medium-to-long length with fullness can balance your overall figure.
Aware that hair is your most important fashion asset, Fashion Wigs is always at your service, ready to assist you in making a choice that is perfectly natural for you. Looking your best is the business of Fashion Wigs - and we are dedicated to offering you the finest quality in the world of fashion wigs and hairpieces.